Monday, April 2, 2012

Melissa's Everyday Cooking with Organic Produce -- Book Review



Melissa's Everyday Cooking with Organic Produce by Cathy Thomas.
First and foremost I am not a vegetarian and I will never be one, I love my meat too much. I did find in this book a recipe for Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Fresh Cherry Relish & Breaded Chicken Breasts with Celery Salad so there is hope for you who are not vegetarians.

The recipes in this book are easy to achieve without having to run out to the store for the odd or strange ingredient.  Almost every recipe in this book everyone will enjoy eg. Roasted carrots and the Orange-Zest-ed Chocolate Carrot Cake.  I like the fact that the recipes are broken down by the main ingredient eg. banana, cauliflower , carrots, corn, figs ginger spinach Kiwi, & Kumquat etc.  The Party Chili recipe can be made with or without meat and Cathy always recommends that you provide hot sauces separately for those who like their chili fiery hot!

OK!! I like this book even better, I just came across the Blood Orange Sundaes with vodka, ice-cream & cookies. Oh yaaah!!  I have marked this book with many sticky notes.  These are the recipe I want my wife to make me.
--
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment